Collection of Information
You (“Collector”, “Curator” or “Artist”) can browse the Skeuomo website without letting us know who you are or, by revealing any personal information about yourself. If you are browsing the site having not registered as a user, we may collect information related to your website activity, such as which artwork you view or if you have added artwork to your shopping cart. This information may be stored in a cookie to provide a more personalized experience when you return to the site on the same computer that the cookie was placed on. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on servers located in the United States. Our servers are provided by Amazon Web Services and protected within a secure virtual private cloud only for Skeuomo.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) financial information, such as credit card.
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying or selling artwork and content you generate or that relates to your account).
- Activity on the site including but not limited to browsing activity, items added to favorites, and items added to the shopping cart.
- Shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item.
- Chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through Skeuomo, and correspondence sent to us.
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list).
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data.
- Other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Skeuomo, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for any reason. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content, and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference in your Skeuomo preferences page or unsubscribe from any marketing related email we send you.
Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and personal experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request.
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce Skeuomo’s User Agreement.
- Customize, measure, and improve our services, content and advertising.
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliates.
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep Skeuomo free of fraudulent persons, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good-faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Skeuomo
If you (“Collector”, “Curator” or “Artist”) use our marketplace or register for certain Services, you may need to provide payment information, such as a credit card number, type and expiration date. We do not store credit card information entered on our Services.
As a User (“Collector”, “Curator” or “Artist”) on Skeuomo, your name and other information you provide in your public profile will be viewable on Skeuomo. On the site, other people can see your works for sale, public profile, and storefront. For example, they may be able to obtain information about your location, interests, and other information, as indicated by us in connection with these Services, or as otherwise indicated in your profile and account settings. Our Services may include settings that enable you to choose how certain information is shared with other Users when you contact them or perform a transaction with them, as indicated when you use these Services or in your profile and account settings. If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an public space, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from Skeuomo, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you if you have not logged out.
Favorites and Follows on Skeuomo
Our Services may include features that enable you (“Collector”, “Curator” or “Artist”) to designate your “favorite” artists, designers or other creators, artwork or other items, or categories of artwork or other items. Our Services may also include features that enable you to “follow” artists, designers or other creators, or categories of artwork or other items. If your public profile is enabled, other Users may also be able to follow you, and the number of Users that follow you may be visible to other Users on our Services.
Using Information from Skeuomo
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and ensure the overall safety of the Skeuomo marketplace.
- Allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session.
- Provide information that is targeted to your interests.
- Promote and enforce the safety of our marketplace.
- Measure promotional effectiveness.
- Analyze the web page flow.
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
Skeuomo and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Skeuomo notification preferences so we communicate to you the way you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Skeuomo users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Skeuomo-related spam or possible fraudulent e-mails to Skeuomo, please forward the email to spam@Skeuomo.com.
You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the Skeuomo User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our marketplace (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Skeuomo password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Skeuomo and change your password.
Important Tips on Choosing a Password:
- Choose a password that is at least 8 characters long with a combination of lower and uppercase letters, numbers, and symbols such as an exclamation mark, or asterisk.
- Choose a password that is personal to you and you only. Do not choose your name, or birthday, your spouse’s name, as these are easily cracked.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
We know that members of Skeuomo value having control over their own information, so we give you the choice of providing, editing, or removing certain information. You can modify or remove certain optional information that you no longer wish to be publicly visible through our Services, such as your name, location etc. You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by signing on to Skeuomo. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is exceedingly difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Skeuomo User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on servers provided by Amazon Web Services located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications would always remain private.
Skeuomo Social Inc. 3880 Chatham Street, Richmond, BC Canada V7E 2Z5
We do use 3rd party services to advertise to you when you are not on Skeuomo. We also use 3rd party services to analyze your website activity, send you email, and provide customer service-related activities to you. We may occasionally use additional 3rd party services for marketing, analysis, or customer service-related activities. The 3rd party services we regularly for marketing include Google AdWords, the Bing network, and Facebook.